Position: MIG & TIG Welder
The role is based in Woking. The work is on access and support equipment for the aviation and rail industry.
Our client are the market leaders in providing access & ground support equipment and vehicles to the aviation and rail industry. They manufacture in the UK and distribute worldwide. Some examples of products are Fuel Tank Entrys, Smart Trolleys, UCAS Steps, Aircraft Wheel and Brake Service Trailers, Towable Refuelling Steps, Maintenance Steps, Rail Pit Boards and Rail Carriage Roof Access just to name a few.
They are now looking to recruit an experienced MIG & TIG Welder for 2 weeks initially however this could be extended due to high workload. Operating at our client’s premises in Woking you will carry out a MIG & TIG Welding on above mentioned products and more.
• Reading and understanding of engineering drawings.
• Cutting stock material to size, to ensure efficient use of materials, to ensure good joint types.
• Suitable selection of welding equipment appropriate to task, including gases and weld wire.
• Welding of steel, aluminium and stainless steel joints in line with drawings, cleaning of joints and ensuring best practice
• Assist with in house engineering jobs in particular manufacture and repair of ground support, and access equipment.
• Inspection and identification of stock items which are to be used in fabrication and assembly of our client’s products.
• Use of hand tools and power tool (i.e. drills, grinders and sanders)
• Assembly of access structures and ground support equipment, and similar products if required.
Occasional on-site service visits may be required which will be of a similar nature to the work usually carried out in the workshop.
Pension in-line with AE requirements
Private Healthcare (currently with Aviva) after 2 years
Employee of the Quarter award – voted for by staff, winner receives certificate and £20 voucher of their choice
Lifestyle Voucher, Cash bonus and additional 2 days holiday awarded after 5 and 10 years’ service
Perkpal discount portal from first day of employment
Employee Assistance Programme
MIG Welding - TIG Welding - Technical Drawings - Drills - Grinders - Sanders
Team now supply skilled technicians to the UK and the EU. We also supply matrixed in-house training schools to maximise additional labour efficiency. Supply is mainly to the aerospace and automotive industries.
We supply skilled personnel to the rail industry trackside and on-site. In addition, we are teamed with training schools in order to provide a stream of trainee engineers to the industry.
We provide a full complement of hands-on and technical engineers.