Production Team Leader
The following activities and responsibilities form the important and critical aspects of the Job Description. However, there will be additional responsibilities associated with the day to day business requirements which will be associated with this position.
The starting salary will be £20,000 and will be reviewed after completion of a 3 month probation period when our client have had an opportunity to gauge candidates skill level.
Someone competent in the position can expect the salary to rise after probation to up to £23,500 depending on how they perform and where they sit within the team.
Production Technicians required to assemble Engineers maintenance steps, ground support equipment for the aerospace industry from drawings.
Working in workshop using mill, lathe, tube benders, saws and hand tools.
8-5 Mon - Thurs and
8-4 on Fri and OT available at time 1/3 during week, time 1/2 sat and sun.
Great benefits such as employer assistance program (therapy etc), On site parking, pension scheme after 2 years, health insurance, 22 days holiday.
Responsible for production related activities in our client’s factory including:
• Reading drawings to assemble our client’s products, including but not limited to: Ground Support Equipment (GSE) such as trolleys, trailers, brake changers;
Access Equipment - steps (all sizes), docking and gantries.
• Use of hand tools and power tools such as drills, grinders and sanders.
• Use of machine shop equipment including mill, lathe, saws, tube bender and hydraulic tube bender.
• Assembly of access structures, ground support equipment, and similar products.
• Packing and protection of parts and products.
Repairs and Service
Responsible for all in-house engineering jobs, repairs and manufacturing contract repairs and projects.
• Manufacture, assemble, Inspection service and repair work of our client’s and other GSE suppliers ground support equipment and respiratory protection products.
• Small batch and one-off manufacturing.
• Repair of GSE and Access products (both our client’s and other manufacturers).
As and where the business needs require, you will attend on-site service visits which will be of similar nature to factory work. This is likely to include a local induction regarding on-site safety.
Report and liaise with Production Team Leader regarding:
- Work schedule (projects / orders / priorities)
- Advise Production Team Leader or purchasing team of any stock requirement for future use on projects
The Production Team Leader is to be first line manager but the position will involve working closely with other members of the company and following instructions and requests from them, in particular the company General Manager.
It is expected that all our client’s employees will act appropriately in all dealings with customers, suppliers, members of the public and other members of staff, to work and communicate in a professional manner either face to face, over the telephone or via written communication (including email) at all times.
The company operates using a quality system ISO 9001: 2000. All work must be recorded as per the company quality system, and company procedures must be followed. All materials used must be recorded and accounted to for to ensure that customers are charged correctly.
All work orders adhered to and drawing marked up with corrections where applicable.
Personal Protective Equipment
Any PPE must be worn in accordance with company policy and it is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that all PPE, including uniform is kept clean and in good repair at all times.
• Driving License
• Computer Literacy (Intermediate level)
• Experienced reading drawings
• Forklift License
• Goods-in experience
Assembly - Mill - Lathe - Saw - Tube Bender - Hand Tools - Mechanical - Drills - Sanders - Grinders
Team now supply skilled technicians to the UK and the EU. We also supply matrixed in-house training schools to maximise additional labour efficiency. Supply is mainly to the aerospace and automotive industries.
We supply skilled personnel to the rail industry trackside and on-site. In addition, we are teamed with training schools in order to provide a stream of trainee engineers to the industry.
We provide a full complement of hands-on and technical engineers.